"Never criticize,unless you suggest "

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Women

I’m used into being single that at the age of 19 I’m totally virgin. (I mean it from top to bottom!) Others may laugh or even make fun of me but sorry it won’t even bother me, that's how proud I am. Call me Maria Clara or a trying hard painosente girl but that’s how I want things to be and even plan to keep it, till I met the right man. I’m not a geek, nerd or even manang, like girls of my age I sometimes dress a bit daring and go parties everywhere. And I also did have a boyfriend so don’t think I’m weird. I’m just like any teenage girl perhaps that attitude of mine define my uniqueness from others.

That uniqueness of mine I guess is the reason behind my reaction on certain things. I’m so vulgar in commenting issues about feminism especially when women are being abused. I hate it! Anger arouse all over my body, I feel the animosity towards people who take advantage on women. I always caught myself asking why such things happen. I mean what makes them so bad. Then I taught perhaps the victim did something or maybe she let it happen. To harsh for a victim to hear but that maybe true. We certainly know things just don’t happen, something or someone let it happen. Hence, the victim may defend she never thought things would lead to something like this but hey that’s our obligation. We should always anticipate and think the necessary effect of our actions. I may sound arrogant and a know all type of person but I act like this out of concern. I don’t want to hear stuff like girl being raped on a date or to see another explicitly sex scandal.

Women are ought to be respected, I know we are not that strong as man does. In one way or another we will be violated with our weaknesses but that doesn’t mean we give up. We are not born to be losers. We fight for what we believe in and for our right. As a woman we must use our strength and push our skills to the limit. We might be aggressive sometimes and do silly stuff but we should never neglect our responsibilities.

Life’s reality is full of threat. Temptation comes anywhere, anytime but as long as you stick to your dreams and accompanied your journey with values, nothing can beat you up.

2 comments:

rissavilla12a said...

“I’m totally VIRGIN”. Anung others may laugh? Tumawa talaga ako! That’s true! I mean di naman nila kailangang pangalandakan sa tin na we are the weaker sex. And ayaw na ayaw ko yung mga nagsasabi na “Dahil ba babae lang ako?” and “Babae lang yan”. Nakakainis! I feel under estimated pag naririnig ko yun. Nararamdaman ko na naglulurch ung insides koh nun. And ganun na nga ung tingin say o tapos sasabihin mo pa un, edi lalong bababa ung tingin nila sayo. Atsaka, modern day na ngaun tsong! Marami ng lalakeng palamunin ngaun. Girls are and should be competent.

joanspring said...

Hey you are not alone, hahaha. Im also a proud virgin and to top it all I have not had a boyfriend since birth and I am already turning 21. But that doesn’t really bother me, I mean having no experience with love does not make me a less worthy woman. Actually I find it quite amazing to survive this far without feeling the need of a man to help me stand where I am now. I am not saying that I don’t want a man in my life, my point is just that I believe I will be where I want to be just by believing in myself and with my capabilities, a boyfriend will just be a plus factor hahahaha