"Never criticize,unless you suggest "

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Aeta Community

For the past few weeks I’ve been thinking of my DevCom class. Our professor asked us to adopt a remote community within our vicinity. Many places were proposed but the Aeta community gate14 of Clark catches our attention. We felt they’re the most in need of help.

Some of my classmates had an idea of the place and they’re situation but surely there’s more to know about it. Our professor suggested having a few people to see it first and being the leader I initiated to be one of them.

The place is far. Luckily I was assisted by Anne with her car and Spring after our dokyu meeting at MCDO even though all of us are in mall outfit and not ready for any hiking escapade. We’ve walked for an estimated 40 mins passing a river since the bridge is broken and the community is in the leg side of the mountain.

But all of the hardship is paid off since the place was so innocent and very far from the bombard pollution of the city. Rarely you’ll see people living so simple and seems contented with whatever natures bring them.

There I’ve got the chance to meet their incumbent barangay captain tang Ferdinand Mallare. He was so hospitable that he gladly answered all our inquiries and even toured us in the whole community.

As we go home with the papaya fruits they have sent with us, as a sign of appreciation for visiting them, many things runs to my head. Things like how I can help them since I had observed various problems, like in hygiene to name one. Even the confusion if they are willing to embrace the fast changes happening in the world or be content with the simple life they are living now. But above all was the happiness I felt to see and experience discovering the Aeta community. It just pinched my heart and grateful for my DevCom class to have this chance. I’m sure next time I come back with the whole class they’ll feel the same way. Excited for the next ocular…

No comments: